The System Integration & Design Informatics Laboratory (SiDi Lab) is a research lab in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Arkansas. The research of SiDi Lab is focused on system science and design science as well as the intersection between these two areas. The lab aims at building the decision-centric science foundations for complex systems engineering and design. Such foundations will facilitate the integration within complex systems and amplify the data-driven power in engineering design and design research. Particularly, our research is emphasized on:
- Complex systems engineering and design, such as modeling system structural evolution using complex networks, estimating local decision-making behaviors in complex systems, and developing cooperative 3D printing systems.
- Decision-making in engineering design, such as modeling and analysis of strategic decision-making behaviors in design competition and/or collaboration using game theory and behavioral experimentation.
- Artificial intelligence in engineering design and its application in human-computer collaborative design.
- Decision-based enterprise-driven design, such as customer preferences modeling, game-theoretic analysis, and spatiotemporal analysis on customer behaviors in product design and development.
- Social design and manufacturing, such as open-source product development, crowdsourcing, and community-based manufacturing.
For more information, please see SiDi Research and SiDi Projects. To access the publications, please go to Publication or Zhenghui Sha’s Google Scholar.
Video Highlights of SiDi Research and Technologies
Demonstration of The Chunking Strategy
Demonstration of The Chunking and Scheduling with An Upgraded C3DP Platform Cooperative 3D Printing Project (C3DP)
AI-Assisted Design. We train a deep neural network using human design decisions in a solar energy system design project (left) and generate artificial design sequences to guide novice designers to learn design tools and the design process (right).
Dr. Sha recently shared his vision toward Human-Machine Design Symbiosis: Transforming Engineering Systems Design with Augmented Intelligence in the workshop on Accelerating Design with Human-Machine Teaming at the Ninth International Conference On Design Computing And Cognition.
We gratefully acknowledge the supports from
All Rights Reserved by Zhenghui Sha